Finding Your Path to Emotional Health
Have you ever wondered why you are angry so often? Unhappy or even miserable? Do you get frustrated easily with your husband, children, or others? Do you hold things inside, living in a world of resentments? Or blow up, having an “adult” temper tantrum?
Do you often think that if other people would just do what you wanted, then you would be happy? Do you wonder where God is and beg him to help you, but never really feel he’s there and loves you?
Maybe you change what you say and how you relate depending on the look on someone else’s face, their body language, or their reaction to you. Maybe you are hyper-vigilant about what’s going on around you, constantly on edge, but not knowing why.
Maybe you think you’re emotionally healthy but you don’t have good relationships with those around you. Maybe your family and friends are telling you you are hurting them, but you don’t see how that could be possible. You know it’s them – not you.
If any of this sounds like you, I’ve been in similar places. These are just some of the challenges that have surrounded me in the emotional pit I have been trying to climb out of for so long.
Through much searching and hard work, I have discovered that there are ways to overcome these challenges. On these pages you will find my story, as well as some of my experiences and challenges and how I overcame them. You will find information and suggestions of resources that may help you. I pray you will also find encouragement and understanding.
I hope to pass along to you a picture of what emotional health is, so that you know what you’re aiming for. The best map in the world won’t help you if you don’t know where you are going.
Here are some things you can learn about on my site:
- Who you are in Christ
- What emotional health looks like in everyday life
- How to love yourself
- How to handle stress and take care of yourself
- The importance of nutrition
- How to learn empathy and compassion . . . two keys to relationship health
- How to improve intimacy in all of your relationships
- Why trying to control others is so detrimental to you and everyone around you
- How to break free from codependency
- How your thoughts affect your actions and your life
- How to stop letting others push your buttons
- How to forgive and live free from the poison of resentment
And so much more . . .
Come with me on a journey to emotional health. It is a beautiful gift you can give to yourself, your loved ones, and everyone around you. You deserve to be emotionally free!